ZX 48/48+/ Timex2048 SRAM / CPU / AY MODULE is my next step to help ZX Spectrum owners to repair their computers home, as in most of the cases faulty is dynamic ram. Also, device adds to Your ZX new CPU, AY chip and generates ULA sound as well
- mounted in place of CPU
- replaces CPU and it`s ram of 32KB
- TTL based design
- AY 3-8910 chip
- new Z80 CPU in TQFP44
- ULA sound on both channels
- 3 pins represent L-GND-R (left channel / gnd / Roght channel audio)
- If you are not familiar with soldering or you do not have proper tools, please LET a pro technician do it for you or send me your ZX BOARD for installation. Upgrade installation cost is 25€y. Contact me to arrange installation.
- Please remeber - wrong tools usage or low skills may damage atari and ultimate; any damage/harm to your hardware is NOT subject of any kind of warranty.
- Installation is easy, but unexperienced hands can do a lot of damage. Please, do not ask me questions WHAT HAVE I DONE WRONG WITH INSTALLATION - answer will be always the same - I DO NOT KNOW
STEP BY STEP:
- remove old rams 32kB (or disable them - easiest way is to connect CAS signal present dram chips to 5V)
- remove orginal CPU and it`s socket if it is present
- insert module into CPU`s place; be carefull with pin 1 orienatation
- solder MAMLAS into motherboard
- You can now have AY sound sound on RCA or JACK sockets - Your choice is where to drill the case.
CAS signal is present:
- pin 15 of 1bit memory chips ( 8 pieces at motherboard)
- pin 16 of 4bit memory chips ( 2 pieces at motherboard)
- Mamlas Lite will not fit into ZX SPCTRUM 48 / Timex2048, unless soldered into board. NO SOCKET !!!
- bottom sockect is for PROTECTION ONLY - do not use IT. Remove bottom socket very carefully, not to damage precise pins.
- Audio connectors are not supplied
- Some of extra bendning of metal radiator is needed in ZX48, so device fits under.